1. Please introduce yourself and your position with Anahata Swimwear. My name is Allison Donnelly and I am the Creative Director at Anahata Swimwear.
2. Where are you from? I was born and raised in Seaford NY but now I call my home Wilmington/ Hampstead NC.
3. How did you get started with AS? I was in the process of looking for another job, and I found an ad about a swimwear design internship. I went to school for fashion design and worked in the fashion industry for many years in NY, but when I moved to Wilmington, it was hard to find a place within my career choice. When I saw the ad, I jumped on it! Even if it was an internship, I would be close to or doing what I love to do. When I met Ahna for an interview, she was surprised with my experience and offered me to come on board as a designer for Anahata! Now I know fate exists because so many things had to line up for us to come together and I couldn't be happier to be a part of this amazing team of women! :)
4. What are some of your favorite things to do/hobbies? I love spending time with my family and friends, playing games, listening to live music (because there is so much live music in Wilmington) going to the movies, etc. I have a number of hobbies which include knitting & crocheting, stained glass work, jewelry making, singing, and many more!
5. What is one interesting/shocking/fun fact about yourself? I sing in a rock band along with my twin sister and my husband! (called Striking Copper.. she's being coy - Ahna ;) )
6. Who is someone you look up to? I know it might sound cliche but I look up to my parents. They created a world that had no limits to what I could do. They are partners, they are equals to each other. I never felt I had to question my worth to anyone because they had always given me the strength and courage to know that I can be who I am, and find my place in the world if I just work hard, and listen to my gut.
7. What is your guilty pleasure food? Anything with sugar. Mainly, ice cream!
8. What is your ideal way to relax and unwind? Cuddling on the couch with my husband, watching a movie!
9. What is your favorite thing about Anahata? The mission. Most woman find it hard to feel good about themselves in their own skin, let alone in a swimsuit. At Anahata, we are here to put light on the beauty of each woman and help her see it for herself, through our designs, quality, support and love!