1. What is your position with Anahata Swimwear? I am a graphic design and photography intern.
2. Where are you from? I am originally from Winston Salem, North Carolina. After high school, I moved to Wilmington for college and I’ve been here for 5 years now.
3. How did you get started with AS? I graduated from UNCW with a Psychology degree. However, after I graduated I realized it wasn’t what I wanted to do. I ended up signing up for classes at Wake Tech for Graphic Design. I took a photography class that I fell in love with and started looking for internships that highlighted photography. That was when I came across the internship with AS and and the rest is history!
4. What are some of your favorite things to do/hobbies? I love running and doing art. Not at the same time. :)
5. What is one interesting/shocking/fun fact about yourself? I studied abroad in Swansea, Wales when I was a sophomore in College. I was on a run one day and forgot that they drove on the opposite side of the road. So I ran across the street and ended up getting hit by a car. I didn’t know what to do so I just got off their hood and kept running. I always wonder if they use that as their interesting/shocking fact about themselves. Probably not.
6. Who is someone you look up to? My grandma would definitely be my role model. She is such a funny and positive person. She can make you laugh no matter what mood you are in and she has taught me to not take life so seriously.
7. What is your guilty pleasure food? A giant bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough.
8. What is your ideal way to relax and unwind? I love just sitting down, reading a good book, and listening to a little music.
9. What is your favorite thing about Anahata? I really love the purpose of the brand, to make women feel good about their bodies. Trying on and wearing swimsuits can really break you down mentally. To take that out of it and make buying a suit something that you look forward to, and fits you perfectly is something I think we can all get on board with.